General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The weirdest thing ever!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
Default The weirdest thing ever!!

Ok, I'm going to do my best to explain this, so see if you can picture this....

Sitting at a red light, it turns green, (5-speed manual) go to take off and the exhaust I have is becoming abnormally loud, and nasty sounding. The car jolts a little, shift to 2nd it's fine, but I slam the gas and it jolts and sputters and then goes, the check engine light starts flashing, and will either go out or stay on. With the light off, it does it quite a bit, with the lite on the car runs excellent. I'm stumped, I'm thinking fuel problem or cat is plugged, maybe backpressure problem in the exhaust system somehwere. I will sit in nuetral, rev it up to 4-5G, and have less throttle response than usual. The thing that gets me is the sound the exhaust makes, it's like there's a hole somehwere, but there's not, and if I keep reving the motor, it returns to normal, start driving and if the check engine lite is on, car runs great, lite off, acts up. I was thinking O2 sensor.....

Any suggestions on this would be great, don't care if you tell me my blinker and alternator fluid is low, or maybe the muffler bearings are shot. Anything would helpful at this point...lol Thanx in advance!

Old 07-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: The weirdest thing ever!!

UPDATE:

I went ran the engine codes at it says #1 & #6 cylinder misfire. I guess that makes sense considering what it's doing. Well, now that the problem is isolated, just need to fix that...